The SkyTeam Alliance network has more than 16,000 daily flights and 1,057 destinations over nearly 180 countries. Our 20 SkyTeam member airlines make it possible to customers to travel the world in a better way. Whether making a personal journey or doing global business, customers enjoy more flexibility, convenience and choices along their journey with SkyTeam. We’re working together so we can focus more on “caring about you”.
Our world-class airline alliance members cover almost every corner of the globe, and are the biggest airline alliance in Greater China. The benefits of flying with our member airlines, include access to SkyPriority, the industry-leading, alliance-wide, red carpet treatment with priority airport services for our top customers, exclusive lounges and frequent flyer programs.
From the centralized office in Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, SkyTeam's core management team focuses on alliance business to enhance existing benefits as well as develop new benefits for customers. Some of the functions handled by the central organization include: marketing, sales, airport synergies and transfer product, cargo, advertising and brand, alliance operations, finance, corporate communications and IT.
Purpose of the job:
As PMO you will support he program/project managers, who rely on you to help achieve project success. You use your teamwork and communication skills to ensure the projects finish on time and within budget. You have a talent for making information presentable and turning it into management information. You continuously monitor and guard the forecasts for project planning, financial planning and risks.
You will also keep track of the project status on a managerial and operational level, and also prepare official reporting towards management and external partners. In addition, you keep overview on complex tasks and in multidisciplinary teamwork, and you can prepare, structure, and follow-up on project meetings. You are co-responsible for the overall project management support.
You should be able to understand the alliance objectives and the members’ strategy and align both. Successful job execution requires interaction with all relevant stakeholders within the airport services team, office, but also with all members in a multi-cultural environment, respecting diversity and act as a neutral party.
KEY RESULT AREAS / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project Management Office
- Maintain and enhance reporting mechanisms to measure the progress on the deliverables against required scope, budget and quality, and identify potential risk & issues of the different initiatives. Define corrective actions, escalations or strategies when needed
- Coordinate and maintain a clear governance for the projects, including overall planning
- Support regular communication updates on progress of the different projects to the different stakeholders
- Identify and help manage inter-dependencies between projects and project managers
2. Project Support
Bring project management expertise skills into the projects through:
- Participate in definition and creation of project and process plans, ensuring plans are conform to the SkyTeam strategy
- Ensure documentation for each project, including meeting minutes, project initiation document, planning, action lists, requirements and changes, decisions and conclusions
- Support project managers in managing the project by ensuring deadlines are met, and progress is made
- Challenge project managers on strategy and approach and ensure all relevant stakeholders are involved and informed with communication on project status, etc.
- Support proactive analysis of SkyTeam dashboards for different stakeholders and purposes, including reporting on findings & opportunities and proposing follow-up actions in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with partners within the SkyTeam office and all airline partners
- Provide support for adhoc activities
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor/University Degree or level of work/way of thinking, along with a minimum 3-5 years PMO work experience in a customer-focused area (aviation/service industry/ or consultancy experience preferred)
- Demonstrated problem solving, organizational, analytical and decision making skills required. Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Passion for aviation and good knowledge of aviation/ transportation industry and processes preferred
- Substantial experience working in a multi-disciplinary and global environment
- Computer literate with strong PowerPoint/Excel/Word/SharePoint skills and in-depth report writing ability
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Project Management and PMO skills (Prince2, Lean six sigma, Agile Scrum and/or IPMA)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Pro-active, results driven and hands-on
- Stress-resistant, persistent, flexible, committed, pragmatic and realistic
- Strong analytical skills, methodical and ability to give attention to detail
- Affinity to IT
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to travel and at short notice when required
MAIN INTERFACES / KEY CONTACTS
- VP & Directors Airport Services & SkyTeam Lounges
- Project Managers within Airport Services team, and other teams where applicable
- Finance, Information Technology, Marketing & Commercial Synergies, Network Operations, Brand and Communication
- Project managers and members of various SkyTeam project teams
- Airline colleagues at various levels
- Service providers and suppliers
Job contect / Environment:
- Airline alliance environment
- Cultural/linguistic diversity and resulting complexity
- Ability to travel frequently, and at times on short notice
Responsibilities and tasks of the position are not limited to the above mentioned, and deviations can occur at any point in time as the position evolves and in concert with the manager
Project Management Officer – Airport Services
EUR 3.000 – 3.500
We are looking forward to your application, provided with: - a letter of motivation - a C.V. / résumé
Interested individuals should submit their applications before 19 March 2018
Candidate submissions will be reviewed in March and April. The candidates selected for an interview will be invited to our office.
An assessment (digital questionnaire including personal analysis) may be part of the selection procedure.
The position is to be filled in the second quarter of 2018.