SkyTeam is one of the world’s three largest airline alliances, providing customers from member airlines access to an extensive global network with more destinations, more frequencies and more connectivity. The SkyTeam Alliance network has more than 16,000 daily flights and 1,057 destinations over nearly 180 countries. Our 20 SkyTeam member airlines make it possible for customers to travel the world in a better way. Whether making a personal journey or doing global business, customers enjoy more flexibility, convenience and choices along their journey with SkyTeam. We’re working together so we can focus more on “caring about you”.
Our world-class airline alliance members cover almost every corner of the globe, and we are the biggest airline alliance in Greater China. The benefits of flying with our member airlines include access to SkyPriority, the industry-leading, alliance-wide, red carpet treatment with priority airport services for our top customers, exclusive lounges and frequent flyer programs.
From the centralized office in Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, SkyTeam's core management team focuses on alliance business to enhance existing benefits as well as develop new benefits for customers. Some of the functions handled by the central organization include: marketing, sales, airport synergies and transfer product, cargo, advertising and brand, alliance operations, finance, corporate communications and IT.
Purpose of the job:
The Manager – Marketing & Customer Experience will support the Director Marketing & Customer Experience by managing, coordinating and facilitating Marketing and Customer Experience Projects and Initiatives. This will include end responsibility for specific projects and initiatives.
The focus is on:
- Manage specific initiatives and project-related activities.
- Coordinate and contribute to Customer Experience improvement initiatives.
- Align relevant activities and coordinate with members, suppliers and consultants.
- Contribute to overall Marketing and Customer Experience planning and activities, including facilitation and support activities
The role includes finding innovative and creative solutions to achieve the overall goals.
All activity involves working with globally based multi-disciplinary teams of individuals from the SkyTeam member airlines as well as international suppliers and business partners.
The Manager will work in alignment with the mission and values of the Alliance and protects its interests. He/she operates in total neutrality and transparency.
KEY RESULT AREAS / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Experience Innovation:
- Initiate ideas and activities which can substantially improve the travel experience for SkyTeam customers
- Contribute to the overall innovation stream with ideas and initiatives – existing and new ones – for SkyTeam-wide implementation, working with member airlines in identifying and sharpening the same
Project Management of Customer Experience Initiatives:
- Create and organize project teams comprised of airline representatives for assigned project initiatives, ensuring their permanent engagement and commitment
- Define with the project team the project objectives and make it SMART
- Closely monitor and manage project progress, ensuring that goals are met and taking necessary corrective actions if applicable
- Provide guidance and support to project teams if necessary
- Provide regular reports to stakeholders on progress
Marketing and Customer Experience Support:
- Provide support to ensure that working groups / project teams can achieve their respective goals
- Coordinate meetings and working group activities
- Draft agendas, minutes and meeting reports for meetings
- Act as a neutral, objective, supportive SkyTeam representatives towards teams, members, external parties
- Take care of all project-related administrative tasks
Areas of activity:
- Skyteam.com and mobile (digital) projects
- Marketing promotions (FFP-CRM)
- Others, as/when needed
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 4-5 years’ work experience in a customer focused environment in the aviation industry.
- Knowledgeable on aviation business and processes.
- Experience in a marketing position, including customer research
- Passion for Customer Experience and Product and Quality management.
- Substantial experience working in a multi-disciplinary and global environment.
- Significant project and process management experience, ideally through virtual teams.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to travel frequently and internationally at short notice, when required.
Business Maturity and Team work:
- Result driven
- Problem solving ability
- Diplomacy: ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Organizational skills: ability to manage and coordinate projects with manifold deadlines
- Cultural sensitivity:
- Ability to create consensus among parties with differing opinions and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to build and maintain valuable (sustainable) relationships, including high-level ones
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
Quality Decision Making:
- Innovative and creative, with a marketing mind
- Conceptual, visual and verbal interpretation
Affinity with SkyTeam values:
- Team work
- Objectivity and neutrality
- Ability to travel frequently and internationally at short notice, when required
MAIN INTERFACES / KEY CONTACTS:
- VP and Director Marketing and Customer Experience
- All other staff in SkyTeam Office
- Project managers and members of various SkyTeam project teams
- Airline management at various levels
- Agencies and consultants
- Industry organizations where needed
Job context / Environment:
- Airline alliance environment
- Cultural/linguistic diversity and resulting complexity
Responsibilities and tasks of the position are not limited to the above mentioned, and deviations can occur at any point in time as the position evolves and in concert with the Director – Marketing & Customer Experience.
Manager – Marketing & Customer Experience
EUR 3.600 – 4.000
We are looking forward to your application, provided with: - a letter of motivation - a C.V. / résumé
Interested individuals should submit their applications before 19 March 2018.
Candidate submissions will be reviewed in March and April. The candidates selected for an interview will be invited to our office.
An assessment (digital questionnaire including personal analysis) may be part of the selection procedure.
The position is to be filled in the second quarter of 2018.