Would you like to be accountable for the well-being and engagement of our cabin crew community and thereby creating an effective, efficient and flexible cabin crew workforce? Could you act as line manager for a team of unit coaches who are the direct manager of his/her dedicated group of cabin crew members? Then this may be your next career challenge!
- As Head of Cabin Crew your main accountability is to create an effective, efficient and flexible cabin crew workforce. Your Unit Coaches are the direct manager for the cabin crew and first point of contact for all social matters. You are accountable to create an open, approachable feedback culture supporting the cabin crew in their development through follow-up conversations and the day to day people management they need. You will define processes and procedures with operational and HR departments to ensure cabin crew members (CCM) get relevant and timely information and feedback.
- As a Head of Cabin Crew you are accountable to deliver relevant information, documentation & operational tools in the most efficient way through the Crew Service Point. You are accountable for organizing engagement creating initiatives such as performance reviews, CCM meetings, TUIgether sessions, etc. with and for the cabin crew members. You will also ensure follow-up on all action points coming out of these meetings and feed the results back to the cabin crew community. Based on the feedback you receive from the cabin crew workforce you will initiate cross-departmental projects that will increase cabin crew engagement.
- You will collaborate with a.o. the communications team to ensure relevant communications to the cabin community are delivered in a timely and effective manner. You will coordinate and follow up the evaluation of the cabin crew population by keeping an eye on their professiona, non-technicall behavior. You will collaborate closely with the Cabin Crew team within Flight Operations and Training department to receive the required feedback about operational and technical performance of CCM. You will also include this feedback in your performance conversations with CCM and Senior Cabin Crew Member (SCCM), excluding instructors. If needed, you take the necessary action to address behavior which is not in line with the values of our company.
- In order to ensure operational delivery and roster stability you will manage all cabin crew social matters relating to (long) absence, grievances and disciplinary issues in cooperation with HR. You are accountable for organizing the yearly bidding process, keeping social matters on the appropriate portals updated, and take ownership of the content and administration of CCM career policy and the Cabin Crew Career Development Guide. You will liaise with the Fleet & Asset Management and Aviation Planning teams for all social matters related to leases with Cabin Crew involved. You will manage the workers council relationship to promote and foster positive employee relations in a way which enhances flexibility and affordability and which protects the company from adverse industrial relations.
- You will encourage a culture where people can constructively challenge the status quo looking for ways to do things better, faster and cheaper through qualitative fact based data. In all of this you will ensure you maintain and manage close working relationships with the Head of Cabin Crew TUI fly Belgium to ensure best practice sharing and with other members of the TUI fly Benelux management team.
- Leadership experience in a large, geographically spread, customer facing organization;
- A proven track record of people management and the ability to motivate and develop people;
- A strong leader, manager and communicator with an eye for details as well as the ability to oversee the bigger picture and is able to strike a balance between operational, strategic and commercial needs;
- An effective communicator with the proven ability to influence others, and to develop a strong network of contacts;
- Have the ability to operate with multiple business customers and manage key stakeholders;
- Understands and can articulate complex data and information into comprehensive language;
- Personal credibility and the ability to gain the confidence of others;
- Able to plan, prioritize and balance a variety of work;
- A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives.
Reporting to the Director Operations TUI fly Benelux, the Head of Cabin Crew TUI fly Netherlands is responsible for all social matters regarding the complete TUI fly Netherlands cabin crew population. You will ensure this team liaises between the cabin crew members (CCM) and other departments in the event second line back up support is required. You understand, embrace and spread the company’s vision, mission, goals and values. You proactively stimulate an open, positive, blame free culture, which enhances the relationship between the managers and cabin crew community
We would like to receive your resume and cover letter via the ‘solliciteer’ button below.
- A selection assessment will be part of the recruitment procedure;
- Applications by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.